How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your house. It can control your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not work correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously very easy to comprehend. Softwares are currently available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.